-Greta Kuriger Suiter
Day 2: Saturday June 8, 2013,
I was able to attend three sessions on Saturday and then went to the maker challenge presentation assembly afterwards. Sessions included: Tips and tricks for 21st century research, the non-textual future of DH, and freeing images from digitized books. The finale assembly was a chance for THATCampers to present projects (maker challenge) they had completed during THATCamp (yes in 2 days). There were some really incredible projects:
- Honor Thy Contributors Omeka plugin
- Update plugins from Admin Omeka plugin
- WordPress plugin for displaying related items from the DPLA. I definitely want to try this one out.
- THATCamp Google Docs Archive Ebook. In the past group notes from THATCamp were created using a Google Doc. This year they created a notepad space within the THATCamp website so the reign of the Google Doc is over. A perfect time to archive.
- Comic about THATCamp
- 5 card Nancy (Book House Nancy) – as part of a PowerPoint unhinged presentation where the speaker and the person creating a PowerPoint are two different people and the one creating the PowerPoint only knows the title of the presentation. It makes for some interesting juxtapositions between image and words.
There were a bunch more presentations that were full of great ideas. It definitely is an encouraging and supportive atmosphere. A little talent show at the end of summer camp feel.
More about the 3 sessions I attended after the jump…