Officers in Attendance:
Kristen, website coordinator
Blyth, vice president
- Kristen Indicated she will continue to manage the website.
- There is a need for blog posts. Guidelines were determined. 2 paragraphs or 300ish words and should be semi-professional
- The website will continue to include job listings, interesting resources and department news or events
- It was noted that travel funds are needed for students presenting papers
- Funds will be reimbursed to the students.
- The process of obtaining the funds was discussed. Students need to get a travel request form online. It should cover car rentals and other incidentals.
- September 4th, Financial Training, 1 p.m., HUB Ballroom
- September 18th, 8 p.m.
- It was noted that Laura, Chris and Blythe will attend these meetings
- September 5th, RSO Training, 3 p.m.
- Tina, Laura & ?? who else will be attending
- Spring Symposium
- Discussed number of graduate students (30)
- Question of whether or not to include outside schools. University of Maryland College Park and George Washington University were suggested
- Recent Graduates included too?
- Discussed ultimate goal of a symposium during both Fall and Spring Semester, determined it is best to get a first annual up and going, then work the second into the schedule.
- Discussion for the Symposium format: Two sessions of three papers each and break in between allowing a flexible schedule where more students to attend.
- Paper Submissions
- Indepth discussion about the “intimidation” factor to submitting papers.
- Solution: enlisting faculty support and selecting 2 or 3 top papers of their class and suggesting the students submit papers
- Need to generate Enthusiasm for the Association:
- Face to Interaction
- Website participation
- Meeting attendance
- Trips outside course work (example New York City)
- Guest Speakers
- Laura previously reserved a space on Oct 12th
- Adjunct Professors, local Art Historians
- Prof. DeCaroli’s advice:
- Identify the individual, enlist assist of a faculty member, email the individual, offer an “honorarium” of less than $500
- Activity Goals
- 1 Social Activity/monthly
- 1 Academic/Professional Meeting/monthly
Tina: Compile meeting minutes and create planning agendas for next meeting
Next Officer Meeting: Wednesday, Sept 4th, ?
- Funding Budget
- Planning future events and creating methods for additional students to participate in association